Update Contact Information

Your student loan servicer is the company who sends your billing and will work with you on repayment plans and other services. Ensure that you are receiving all correspondence regarding your loans by understanding how many loans you have and who is servicing them. If your loan should become delinquent or you find that you are unable to make payments, you need to contact your servicer immediately.

Visit StudentAid.gov for an overview of all of your federal student loans. You will need your FSA ID to access the information. If you don't have an FSA ID you can request one while you’re on this site.

Which loan type(s) do you have?

Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP): As of July 1, 2010, all federal student loans are funded by the federal government through the Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP). Federal loans include Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized, Direct Parent PLUS, Direct Graduate Student PLUS (GradPLUS) loans, and Direct Consolidation loans. These student loans have low interest rates and flexible repayment terms to help students of various economic backgrounds gain access to higher education. There are a limited number of organizations designated by the U.S. Department of Education to service these loans.

Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP): FFELP loans were available through private lenders prior to July 1, 2010 (you may have chosen a private lender from a list when you originated your loan) and were guaranteed by the federal government. FFELP loan types include Subsidized and Unsubsidized, Parent PLUS, GradPLUS, and Consolidation loans. FFELP loans have similar terms and conditions to Direct Loans, but there are some differences in repayment plans, loan forgiveness programs, borrower benefits, and interest rates.

  Live Chat